As the temperatures rise, the sun shines brighter and we are outside more it’s important to adjust our skincare routine.
• Clean your skin immediately after working out or sweating. Avoid letting the salt from sweat dry on your skin. Sweat and bacteria can mix together can cause breakouts, skin redness and irritation.
• Exfoliate regularly to prevent build-up in your pores from sweat, sunscreens and makeup. Regular exfoliation equals brighter skin and a healthy glow. I love masque Vivant from Biologique Recherche! This mask contains yeast and cucumber to purify the skin; it is best applied 2-4x per week after cleansing. If you add a pinch of baking soda to this mask it will come alive and foam up! So fun!!!
• Brightening the skin and improve pigmentation with the vitamin C C-Quence Energizing Masque. This is a gentle micro-exfoliant mask which is specially formulated to diminish the look of fine lines while simultaneously energizing skin for a luminous, healthy-looking glow and the appearance of more even skin tone. Packed with a synergistic combination of ascorbic acid and salicylic acid, revealing a smoother-looking texture. An ideal skin treatment during the summer months, the C-Quence Masque provides optimal benefits when applied twice a week in the evening or five nights in a row.
• Stay hydrated, have a sip of water every 15 minutes or more. In the summertime, we socialize more often consuming more alcohol and foods. Alcohol and salty foods can dehydrate our skin and can cause dullness and puffiness. I recommend, icing the skin at night to reduce inflammation and swelling. Splash thoroughly cleansed skin with ice cold water multiple times then apply a mask. This is an awesome home facial treatment you can do for yourself.
• Protect your skin by reapplying sunscreen every two hours. I love Colorescience mineral brush SPF, you can apply this alone or over make-up. This product is perfect for sensitive and breakout-prone skins. There are no chemically active ingredients in this product and it gives the skin a breathable barrier. Don’t forget the wide brimmed hat and fancy sunglasses for added style and protection.